Digital Urban Collective - Mack And Brown - Music, Art & Tech

Playground: A 50 Cent Book On Bullying

post by KM

50 Cent's "Playground", a semi-autobiographical novel, is out now. This is the second book from the music mogul and actor. The first being, "The 50th Law" published in 2009 with help from Robert Greene.

The story of "Playground" focuses on the topic of bullying. It is written from the perspective of the bully, Butterball, a thirteen-year-old child coping with the separation of his parents.

Many of the situations presented in the novel are actual experiences from 50's own teenage years. He explained on the Today Show,

"I had more experiences where I was part of the problem, where I was actually bullying. To know now from an adult's perspective and be able to write things, I can look back on those actual situations and say, 'that was completely wrong.' But I know what was motivating it now." 
"This book would have been very helpful for me growing up and now that I have a teenage son, it is my goal that this [book] will have a positive influence on all teenagers." 
Pick up your copy of "Playground" HERE.

50 Cent is currently involved in a philanthropy project as well. Working with WFP, The World Food Programme, 50 aims to provide one billion meals for impoverished children.

Learn more about the Street King initiative and how you can contribute.